Kindermusik with Miss. Rose

Licensed Kindermusik Educator and parent, Miss. Rose, offers Music & Movement classes for children ages newborn to 7 with studio classes in Steinbach. She also invites you to join in sharing a variety of parenting and early childhood development topics and resources.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Let's Get Our Hands Dirty!

I'm a neat freak. I'll admit I REALLY struggled with letting my son get dirty.  Whether it be in the kitchen with his dinner or outside in the dirt. Spring used to be a pretty stressful time for me with all that mud everywhere. It took until after his 3rd birthday for me to embrace the inevitable stained knees and the mystery goo that I'd pull from his hair. I realized I was holding him back from truly discovering the world around him. You can always buy new clothes, but you can't buy experience....especially for a growing child. Here's a great article about just that:
Lion's Whiskers: Let's Talk Dirty: "I am a gardener. I get dirty. I often wear dark nail polish in the summer to hide how unscrubbably grimy my fingernails have become. And t..."

No comments:

Post a Comment